More Snow

After reading the weather forecast last night I fully expected to see some snow on the ground when I got up.  I got up at 4:00 a.m., and it hadn’t even started snowing yet.

By the time I was heading out the door at 5:15 or so the snow was coming down.  I rode to the YMCA and got in a small amount of exercise before heading to work.  There was some snow on the ground by then.  I was surprised that my bike was one of four in the parking garage when I was leaving.  Notice the XtraCycle on the far-right.

During the day we got a couple of inches of snow.  The main roads were kept clear and the warm-ish temperatures meant that nothing iced up (on the roads I was on).

My commute home was pretty uneventful, but the dogs seemed happy to play in the snow when I got home.

Notice all of the "luggage" on the bike.  Commuting and a stop at the Y means I get to carry more stuff.  There is a thermos for coffee buried in there to cut back on the expense of the coffee shop.

Now that I’m home, I need to get to sleep so I can get up at 4:00 a.m. again, but I’m not sleepy.  I’m considering walking to go out to dinner.  I’ll overeat, but a full belly might be what I need to sleep well tonight.

5 thoughts on “More Snow”

  1. Excellent! You are taking this training seriously. I like that. I keep meaning to do some brevet training but opportunities have been few and far between. Mostly because of my schedule.

  2. I wasn’t too serious today. I bailed early on the spin class (those women are MEAN!). I swam only a little, and skipped the weights. Yesterday was much more effort, but I’m still sore from yesterday.

    Getting up early is the hardest part though. I also have a new project at work that’s been keeping me busy and adding to my stress level.

    I did avoid overeating tonight. I was going to go out, but had a peanut-butter sandwich and a banana instead.

  3. Congrats on the 4.00. I know that is tough stuff. If I get up that early I want to go to bed at 8.00.

  4. Tim,

    Getting up at 4:00 is hard. I’ve done it three days in a row now. I get to do it again tomorrow. I have a 6:30 appointment with a “wellness coach”.

    Friday is supposed to be a rest day, but I’m still going to get up early so I don’t throw my schedule off.

    After a few months, I’ll be a morning person… or something.

Comments are closed.