As I mentioned in an earlier post, my new eating habits are based upon the paleodiet. Although it took some initial getting used to, I now feel pretty good, and the weight loss has continued. My weight this morning was 205.0 lbs. That’s the lowest since August.
The advantages of this diet:
- No counting calories or restricting myself
- Better for long-term health (supposedly)
- I can have a juicy hamburger, without the bread, or big piece of meat
- Finding a restaurant to eat at is difficult
- Cooking is required much more often (rather than convenience foods)
- Initially I had a lack of energy and carb cravings; that has passed
- It can be more expensive to eat this way
- There is a long list of items that shouldn’t be consumed, including beer.
Once my lack of energy subsided, I was able to ride my bike to work and back again. I rode the full way on Monday, the full way there (but got a ride home) on Tuesday. Wednesday I drove. Thursday I rode a partial-commute each way. Today, I’m driving because of weather.