Every once in a while it’s good to look at goals, and revise them. I think it’s time for that again. This is the third set of goals since I started this blog, and my lifestyle change.
- Goal weight will remain at 175 lbs (for now). I hope to reach that goal by the end of August.
- Ride a century this year (100 miles in one day).
- Raise $3200 for The Ride to Conquer Cancer, and complete the entire ride under my own power.
- Learn to ride my new unicycle, and complete a ten-mile ride on it by June 2010.
- Ride to work more often. I had hoped to average 3 days per week, but I’m not even managing that right now.
- Ride to work five days a week at least 3 weeks per year.
- Increase my average speed on the bicycle a little bit.
- Learn to kayak this year.
- Get a rod, reel, and fishing license, and spend some time relaxing and fishing.
- Find new fitness activities.
- I had made a goal to live-car free. I think I’m giving that up. I do want to drive less, but realities of the modern world make this a very unpopular choice.
- Ride 5000 miles this year. I’m way behind on this so far. I’m two months into the year, and I’ve only ridden 541 miles.
- Get better about riding in cold rain. I often use this as an excuse not to ride to work, but I have the gear to do so.
- I had planned to try to drive less than 3500 miles per year. I’m giving up on this also.
- Ride in a roller coaster this year. I’ll actually fit now.
- Go skydiving in the summer of 2010.
- I want to be a better cook.
- I want to find a wonderful woman to enjoy these activities with.
What I’ve achieved
- I’m no longer obese. My weight is hovering just above 200 lbs.
- My blood pressure and resting pulse rate are low.
- I am physically stronger than I’ve been in years.
- My pants size dropped from a 44 to a 36.
- I feel better about who I am, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- Others have been inspired others to improve their lives.
- I am more confident in all aspects of my life.
- I am usually much more upbeat, happy, and optimistic than I used to be.
What I’ve learned I still need to work on
- Occasionally, depression still gets the better of me.
- I’m still lazy by nature, and have to fight this every day.
- The “I want it now” mentality is still hiding back there, and surfaces occasionally.
- I am still somewhat self-centered. I don’t think having a blog helps in that matter.
- The depression and “I want it now” mentality sometimes team up to hurt my financial state. I need to get better about that.
If you think I’m going off-topic… I’m not. What started as a weight-loss effort has turned into a complete transformation of who I am.